The race is organized by the “Float your Fanny Down the Ganny” Committee, and thus all Rules and Regulations are at their discretion.
Canoes & Kayaks
- Ages 5-10 accompanied by an adult in vessel
- Ages 11-14 accompanied by an adult on river
- Ages 14+ can ride solo (with parental signature)
- Ages 14+ (with parental signature)
- Every participant will be required to read and sign the waiver and release forms at the start line Accreditation.
- Life jackets must be worn by all participants
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted before or during the event
- No water balloons (for environmental and safety reasons)
- Wetsuits are highly recommended
- Participants are to exit the river at the finish just below the Barrett Street Bridge
- No toxic drums or drums that once held pesticides solvents or oil products are to be used. All craft will be inspected before the race.
- A rope is to be attached to the bow of the craft for safety
- You must portage craft around the dam. (Assistance is allowed)
- Craft may be left in the municipal lot until 5pm. Each Craft/Canoe/Kayak will be given one vehicle pass to allow access to Cavan Street for pick up and removal of craft/boat. See ‘Support Crew’ section.
- All crafts must show their boat number at all times. See ‘Number Allocation’
- Captains must take responsibility for removing craft and their debris from the river at the end of the race.
- Failure to remove crazy craft and associated debris may result in charges for the recovery and disposal of the craft, and the refusal of entry in future events.
- All captains and crew must be ‘accredited’ upon arrival at their start location
- All captains and crew must present/ wear a lifejacket at accreditation
- All captains and crew will be required to sign a waiver and media release form at accreditation
- All captains and crew will be presented with a wrist band which must be worn during the event.
- The wrist band is required to be eligible for draw prizes.
- All crazy crafts must have one pit crew person at the time of accreditation to collect vehicle pass. See ‘Support Crew’ section.
- All craft registered online will be given a craft number prior to the event.
- Teams who have participated in the past will be allocated the same number as the previous year.
- All on-day registrations will be randomly allocated numbers on arrival.
- Canoes and kayaks will be allocated a number in start arrival order.
Bibs and Flags
- Crazy Crafts must have a location to fasten a number flag that can be seen from shore.
- Upon reaching the end of the river course, the flag must be carried by one team member to the finish of race in the event village. Only then will the time stop for the craft.
- Canoe/Kayaks will receive numbered bibs that must be worn on the outside of all clothing and lifejackets. This bib must be presented to the finish of race in the event village. Only then will the time stop for the canoe or kayak.
- Vehicle access to the Event Village and Cavan Street will be restricted to pass holders only. See road closure information on the website.
- Each craft is entitled to one (1) Vehicle Pass to remove the craft from the pit area when the team is ready to remove their craft.
- There will be no parking available at the event village, and if the craft being picked up is not ready then the vehicle will be asked to move on.
- Each crazy craft must have at least one Pit Crew at accreditation to collect a Vehicle Pass.
- Please remember that the spring spawning season is taking place so when entering the river, do so with care, stay in your craft and do not walk down the gravel beds as that is where the trout are spawning.
- Water balloons are no longer allowed, due to the burst balloons ending up along the river banks and in Lake Ontario. All balloons will be removed from all craft at the start area. Please encourage all spectators not to use water balloons, however water guns are allowed 🙂